Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page Numbers not exporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechel

Technical User
Oct 20, 2003
US
ID CS, XP.

Ok, I finished laying out a book of 300 pages, with the title of the book and page number on the left side page, and the title of chapter and page number on the right side page, (both are on the top of the page) now when I export it to pdf everything goes fine, but when I open it in Acrobat there are no page numbers on the right hand side, the chapter name is there but not the page numbers, so I was very frustrated so I tried to override all master page items from all the pages, and then exported to pdf and that
worked, everything was there, does anyone what's going on here?

Thanx in advance
Mechel

I had a problem like this once where my page numbers were over a box - When exporting the page numbers disappeared (This occurred in Version 2). The converter kept assuming that the text over the box was a table and dropping the number behind the box on conversion from .indd to .pdf. You may want to make sure that there are no boxes overlapping your page numbers EVEN IF the Numbers are on top. In the end I created a table with the auto page invoked and it all worked out in the end. See if that helps. :)

InDesign CS, Photoshop CS, Illustrator CS, Acrobat 7
Windows XP & MAC OS X (Yes I Use Both, Not at the Same Time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back