Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page numbers are skipping across book of files (using 1 of xxx style)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kernels

Technical User
Aug 22, 2007
CA
This question is about using the following technique to number pages in a book.

Including the total page count of a book in a header or footer

I have 60 structured fm files (not chapters) in a book. I have set up the page numbers to be 1 of xxx. xxx being a variable for the last page in the last file in the book. I use a Cross Reference to Last Page with a variable of <$paratext> in the Master Page. I have set up double-sided pages so I have two Master Pages per document. The page number is in a separate frame than the variable.

I found a reference in FrameMaker 7.2 Help that said to set it up this way. If you search for page count in FrameMaker Help you will see the exact reference that I used. All of my files are in the book. When I print to a PDF from the book, 20 documents are skipping a page number. For example, I will have page 23 of 199 and the next document in the book will have 25 of 199. What can I do to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back