Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page Numbering and Last page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpreston

MIS
Mar 4, 2015
GB
Hi

I have a report that I have several Sales Numbers.

I have managed to get the report to count each new journey number in the group as a new page by using the reset page number after in the section expert for that group.

However in the report footer I have a text box for signatures. The last journey number counts this as a page so I get 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 for the last Journey number, where in fact it is just 1.

How can I get it not to count the last page and maybe have something called signature page instead of page number.

In the page header of the last page it is also showing the Journey Number so I also want it to supress this filed if it is the last page.

Any ideas please.

Thanks

One idea is to reset the page number on the last page. Go to the section expert, Paging tab (Crystal Reports 2016), Reset Page Number After. Here is the tricky part. Not sure what to put in the formula (I have some ideas, but not tested). Which could affect the second request. Depending on how the report is structured. I sometimes can get away with suppressing an object when OnLastRecord is true. The other way (referring back to what I stated before) is to check if the PageNumber = TotalPageCount.

First, make sure you have "new page after" on the journey group, so the report footer is on its own page.

Then create two formulas:

//{@true} to be placed in the report header and suppressed:
whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar x := true;

//{@false} to be placed in the report footer and suppressed:
whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar x := false;

The format both the page header section (section suppression) and the pagenumber (using field suppression) in the pagefooter with this formula:

whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar x;
x = false; //note no colon

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back