Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page Number Questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

crash4ever

Programmer
Aug 6, 2001
US
Hi,
I'm trying to build a report that using a subsection numbering system. For example the first sub report will have 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.2.1, etc for the page number. The first number represent the section number, the second number as the sub section number, and the third one as the page number. I use variable SectionCount for Section number and SubSectionCount for Sub Section number.

This is the formula that I put on the page footer on the main report page:

PageInfo := ToText(SectionCount) + "." + ToText(SubSectionCount) + "." + ToText(PageNumber)

and I use the regular formula
SectionCount := SectionCount + 1

in each subreport and turn on the "reset page number after" each footer section on the main page (I put all the subreports in different report footer on the main reports).

These works fine with all the static pages. Once I use the variable in the dynamic pages (the one that can expand depending on the number of data displayed - so it could be 1 or more pages for each subreport). The page number will have a strange effect. For example section 4.7 will have these page number shown: 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7.3

Seems that the first two variable don't change (or somehow carry on the variable values from the previous subsection) and only the last number change correctly since I use the application build-in "Page Number" function.

Any suggestion to go around this problem?

Thanks
Vicky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back