Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page length on vfp8 report

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonbar

Programmer
Jun 26, 2000
GB
Hi. I have a problem where I would like a report to print on A5 size. This is so as I can print the report to sticky labels i.e. 2 per A4 page. Is there a way of defining the length of the paper or properties so as the source is A4 size but the report uses half the page as page 1 and the 2nd half (if necessary) of the page as page 2. Have tried looking through the printer proerties etc. but no joy.

It would be ideal if this could be done in the report file rather than the prg.

Any help would be appreciated

Jason :)

Similar question, I have a custom form with perferations and need to set the height of the page but I cannot seem to control this.

Any thoughts...

Jonthan A Black

If you're printing labels of some standard size you may find it easier to set up the output as LABEL rather than REPORT. CREATE LABEL.... will give you a list of standard labels to pick from.

Jim

Jonathan,

Do you mean that your form is on continuous stationery, with each page separated by perforations? Or is it more like a label, with 6 or 8 forms on an A4 page?

If the former, just set the custom page size to the distance between the perforations. If the latter, I'd go with Jim's suggestion of using a label rather than a report.

Mike

Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back