Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page header not repeating on every page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2005
GB
Hi,

I have a report, all detail sections no groups, no report header just page header with some fields. On most reports it prints the information on every page but some it misses pages ( but always prints on the first page )

If I make some of the detail sections either larger or smaller i can manually get it to print on each page, but I can't figure out how to format the report to ensure the header is printed on every page automatically.

Is there anything I could check to ensure it does this?

Thanks in advance,

Mick.

Forgot to mention, the actual page header shows ( it has an image and static text boxes ) that show, its just the field data that isn't showing.

Mick.

What are your page settings.
It might be report is set to US paper size and you are printing onto A4 or vice versa
Also check printer settings too
Ian

Ian,
Thanks for coming back to me, yeah i thought that too but everything is set correctly for A4.

On some, if I make the page header larger or smaller this also works.. its just really weird, not had this issue before.

Regards,
Mick.

Check your desktop printer settings too, what are they defaulting to.

Try exporting to PDF and then printing. Are page headers retained correctly?
Ian

Ian,

Yes the printer is set correctly, I've also set it to 'No Printer' thinking it could be a printer setting somewhere, but again it is still the same. This happens with the report in report designer and if we run it through our ERP system.

I did try exporting to Excel but this didn't help.

Thanks,

Mick.

OK I think I may have gotten to the bottom of it ( although it doesn't make sense why )

There must be some blank fields in the data set... if I use maximum(fieldname)then it prints on all pages, this will work OK as the information will be delivery address, VAT no etc... which will be the same on the report, which is fair enough... but that doesn't explain why it works if I adjust the size of the header/detail section...?

Regards,

Mick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back