Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page Header and Report Footer items are blank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrLf

Programmer
Jul 20, 2004
US
I have Table A linked to Table B linked to Table C in my CR report.

My Page Header and Report Footer contains items from Tables A and B (company name, address, etc.). I am GROUPING on items in Table C. When there are NO records in table C, nothing shows up in my Page Header or Report Footer. Simply a blank report (no data).

Any ideas?

If it was easy, everybody would do it.

Use a left join from A to B and also from B to C.

-LB

I get a 'Join expression not supported', and have tried every combination (enforced From/To/Both etc)

It's actually more complex than just tha A->B->C I initially reported.

B also has a link to D, and C links to 1-2-3-4 and then back to D. So there is a straight line A-B-C-1-2-3-4-D, and also an A-B-D, thus there is a circular C-D connection as well. I'm laughing as I type this.

I DID simply gut out the 'Group By' into a SubReport, and the Page Header and Report Footer now show the data. Just seemed like there was a way to make it work out.

If it was easy, everybody would do it.

Not sure how to interpret your error message, but in terms of Table D, you should have added that twice so that there was only one table leading to each instance of D.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back