Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

page header and footer in subreport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 8, 2005
US
Using Crystal 10 connecting to MS SQL 2000 via ODBC.

When I create a subreport and open up Section Expert, this is what I see.

Report Header
Report Header a (this is supressed)
Report Header b
Details
Report Footer
Report Footer a (this is supressed)
Report Footer b

Any clue why the page header and footer aren't there? I checked an install of XI and got the same thing. Any ideas on how to insert page header and footer in a subreport?

thanks,
damon

Create a fake page header

Formula

Code:
//@FakePH
WhileReadingRecords;

Insert a group on @FakePH

Delete the group name.

That's it.

-lw

Page header and footer are not available in a subreport. What you can do is insert a group and use the group header and footer as the page header and footer. Be sure to set the group to repeat on each page though.

hth

Markajem, not quite sure how to set the group to repeat on each page. A little more guidance would be great.

thanks,
damon

Go to report->group expert->options->check "Repeat group header on each page".

-LB

Repeating Group Header works great for a header, but how about a footer? I tried 'Print at bottom of page' but it printed at the bottom and then started a new page.

That's trickier. You could create a formula that counts the lines on a page and then insert a _b section for all displayed sections and then suppress each of these _b sections unless the count equals the last possible count on the page. You would need to use the linecount also to create the page break so that this would work consistently.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back