Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page Footers Don't Print In Subreports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WWRA

Technical User
Apr 2, 2003
US
I have a main report that calls several subreports. Among other problems, the page footers do not print in the
subreports, although they print when running the reports individually. I've searched this forum (and others) and cannot find any explanation/solution for this.

Can anyone help?

Thanks for any assistance.

I'm pretty sure (80%) that subreports only print the detail section, so anything else is lost. Of course, I abhor subreports, so I'm probably 80% wrong on this.

Thanks foolio12 for your quick response to my question.
Guess I'll have to figure out some kind of a work-around.
I realy need the page footer information on the subreports.
Do you have any ideas as to how I can do this?

Everything is workarounds. Depending on what you need in the footer information, and how you have set up the subreports, consider:

a) just printing all the subreports individually, and maybe 'bind' them together with a subroutine that prints each one of them in turn.

b) using the main report's 'section footer' or 'page footer' sections to display the data you need. This means that you have to somehow extract the subreport's needed footer information (like sums, averages, etc.) into a query, and then put that query as the main report's data source (or link the query to the main report's data source), so you can still 'calculate' the necessary totals and such.

It's all too vague to give specific advice, but depending on what you need, one of these will (proabably) work.

foolio12,

The page footer in each report is hardcoded with the following information:
"AJT-Andrew Johnson Tower DCT-Davy Crockett Tower".
Will this simplify what I need to do to get it to print at the bottom all the pages on each subreport?

Yeah, try and add it to the main report's page footer section, and see what happens. I don't guarantee success.

Hey foolio12,

IT WORKED!!!
You've solved a problem that I've been struggling with for three days!

Thanks very much for your help!!

foolio

I've given you a star as WWRA's star button seems to be out-of-order [tongue]

Hi BNPMike,
Since I'm new to this site, could you explain what a
"Star Button" is?

BTW: thanks for giving foolio12 a Star for me. He certainly deserves it!

The link "Thank <handle> for this valuable post" at the bottom of each reply (except your own) has a tendency to create small pink thingies attached to the thread and the <handle> it's awarded to (there's a pop up form).

Point of this is:
1 - to thank for a valuable reply, solving the problem at hand
2 - when someone is searching the site for information (keyword search tab at the top of every forum page), threads marked with 1+ pinkies are often more likely to contain valuable information

If it hasn't been mentioned before, then Welcome to Tek-Tips! Here's a little faq on how to get the most out of the membership faq181-2886 (#15 there also describes the awards...). Good Luck!

Roy-Vidar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back