Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page Footer Control with Sub Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanWaterman

Programmer
Jun 26, 2002
GB
I am building a document pack which comprises a container report and 10 subreports for each part of the pack.

Individual SRs are suppressed depending on the document type required, eg Quote, New Business Confirmation, Renewal etc.

All that is working fine. the SRs require a selection of about 4 different page footers. As an SR does not have a PF I have created a PF in container report with 4 different text boxes as required.

I am then using variables along side the SRs to turn on and off the suppression of the various text boxes. All is OK provided the SR is only one page. However, if two properties are insured some of the SRs require two pages, in these cases Page 1 has no footer but page two has the correct footer.

I have tried placing the Variable formulas (all are shared vars) in different places

Alongside the SR
In a section avbove the SR with New page before this checked
Inside the SR in the report header
In desparation created fake page header in SR and added it there

None of which solved the problem

I would be grateful if anyone can tell me what I have missed or if it is a feature of SRs that what I am trying to do is impossible.

Using CR10 with Oracle 10

Thank you

Ian

I had something similar. I got a partial solution by passing back a Shared Variable from one subreport and testing for it for the next subreport. But it was still imperfect.

When I had to make an unrelated change in Crystal 11.5, I found the problem had vanished.

Sorry I can't be any more helpful. Does anyone else know?

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 11.5 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Not sure what your formulas are, but you should place a formula like this in the group section that contains the sub (not in the sub):

//{@false}:
whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar flag := false;

//{@true} to be placed in the preceding main report section (detail?) and the following section:
whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar flag := true;

Then use a suppression formula on the page footer section:

whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar flag;
flag = true

-LB

Those are pretty much like the formula I am using.

I have one var for each set of text, which are all set to false in the report header and then switched to true in the group section.

I cannot split PF into sections and then suppress, when I do each PF section holds onto its space but is blank, I end up with a huge PF with txt boxes moving up and down in different positions. That is why I opted for a standard size PF and then conditionall suppress text boxes.

Ian

You should also be setting them to false again also in the following section. The use of the conditionally suppressed text boxes should work fine.

Maybe you should provide the specific formulas and their location, along with the suppression formula.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back