Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

page doesnt exist but still there

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookouri

IS-IT--Management
Feb 23, 2000
US
Im working on my web site and i have a page that explorer refuses to believe does not exist any more. I had a simple page with a couple of hyerlinks on it. I deleted it and recreated it later with completely different hyperlinks. However explorer 5 still displays the original page that no longer exists. Ive had explorer delete all the off-line content which i thought would dump the cache, Ive refreshed the page a million times but the original "ghost" of the deleted page still comes up and i cant get the existing page to come up at all.

any ideas what is going on? help would be appreciated..

Hold down the SHIFT key while hitting refresh, or go to IE, Tools, Internet options, Temporary internet files, Delete files. Restart and try again.
You could manually delete contents of the c:\windows\temporary internet files folder, but you'll also lose the cookies. Cheers,
Jim
reboot@pcmech.com
Moderator at Staff at Windows 9x/ME instructor.
Jim's Modems:

thanks the shift-refresh worked.

Is there any explaination of why refresh doesnt refresh? but
shift refresh does?

thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back