Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page creation question

Status
Not open for further replies.

disord3r

Programmer
Apr 12, 2002
US
I have a site into which I would like to add a few pages. These pages are going to be very simple; one will take some simple web parts, but the other will just be pages which will be edited via the "Edit Content" link (rich text editor popup.

In any case, when I create these as a Web Part Page and Basic Pages, respectively, none contain the Quick Launch left-hand navigation that the Parent Site has. Is there an easy way to make that show up?

The only two options seem to be to 1) create sites instead of pages (which seems to be a bit of overkill) or 2) create copies of the layouts for Basic and Web Part page which I will modify to suit my needs.

Do I really have to go that far? I'm basically trying to make these new pages look exactly like the Site's default.aspx page without actually creating sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back