Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page crashses in IE6 - "Operation Aborted"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maven4Champ

Technical User
Jun 16, 2004
All,

I am having a very odd, and to the client, a very scary issue with my website. The site can be found at and apparently the homepage ONLY throws an exception that states "operating aborted" in IE6. It seems to work in FF2 and FF3 and higher versions of IE.

Any ideas on this, or how I could isolate the issue at hand? If you visit another page such as - the pages load up fine - only homepage which DOES have a marquee script for rotating images and 2 controls to make the marquee go forward and reverse. This is IE-compatible though so that "shouldn't" be the problem - any help is greatly appreciated!

Start here, although most of the 121 errors are caused by incorrect delimitation of your js.

If you want the best response to a question, please check out FAQ222-2244 first.
'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'
Drive a Steam Roller

The homepage works very well for me in IE6 without crashing at all. Is there anything specific you need to do to instigate the crash?

Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch:
Code Couch Tech Snippets & Info:

I get a 404 - file not found for the index.

Greg
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. Kierkegaard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back