Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page Can not be displayed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2004
US
Hello Guys

I am new with IIS.. I have installed IIS on My machine
Operating System : Windows XP Professinal

IIS Server is running and now i when i try to write open from browser

i have error paga cannot be displyed...

Is anyone knows how to resolve this situation.

Thanks
AD

There are a host of things that need to be checked to insure that your IIS page is setup correctly. The most obvious is to make sure that the correct document name is inside of the "Documents" box of the web site's properties. Usually there will be something like "index.htm", or "default.htm" etc. so if you are using, let's say, a PHP web page, and the first page was named "index.php", then you would have to put "index.php" at the top of the list under the document properties. You will need to provide more information before anybody can move further in helping you to determine what your problem is. For instance, what kind of page is it (htm,asp, php, cgi, etc)?

Also, have you tried entering 127.0.0.1, rather than "localhost"? Sometimes, but not very often, this has given me problems.

LF

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."--Albert Einstein

Thanks for your reply

Let me give you more in detail...
I am trying to open ASP or html pages from IIS
After i install IIS I open the IIS and went into Website --> Default website folder and i am trying to open Anyfiles (life iisstart.asp,localstart.asp with Internate Browser it says page can't displayed...

Also I have tried by entering on to browser while iis is running...Then i get error HTTP 404 NOT Found...

Please help me..when you get a chance...

If you need more info let me..know..

Thanks
AD

Are there any other IIS servers working on the same network? If so then you may have a conflict.

Make sure that you have enabled the ASP scripting.

Are you also running URLScan? If so, then you will have to allow ASP queries.

Have you tried navigating to the site via a different computer?

In the IIS manager is there any little red dots on any of the website listings?

Are you able to "Browse" via a right click of the website within the IIS manager?

LF

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."--Albert Einstein

again thx

I have IIS Server Install on my machine...I am trying to browse" via a right click of the website within the IIS manager....and and it says page can't display...

I have tried to reinstall the iis also that doesn't work either...

I am not running URL Scan...

There is no red dots on any of the website listing..

Let me tell you in detail what i have problem...

I install IIS by using add/remove windows component... then i have created a shortcut iis.msc from C:\I386\iis.msc

Then i open that shortcut (Internate Information services)

On left hand side on root i can see my computer name and under that there is folder called websites...

I went into that folder and click on default website and once i click there I am trying to open IIShelp or iisstart.asp, localstart.asp, postinfo.html any of the file then i receive 'Page can't displayed'...

So..what i was thinking.. if i won't be able to see default websites then how i am i going to configure my asp files...

In short once i can see the default websites then i will be try to create a vertual directory to setup my asp file....

Please advise me....

Thx...
Amar

I really have no idea because it sounds as though you are doing everything correctly. Maybe somebody else can help you with this one. Sorry.

LF

Hi, i am new to IIS and have been trying to set up a Windows 2003 server over the last few days. I have exactly the same problem you have. I have set up my main website and one other but i cant get either to display by right clicking on the website name and selecting browse. At this point in time I have created two entries under the Advanced Website Identification area within properties. One entry has default IP, Port 80 and nothing in the header. Directly under this i created another entry. default IP, Port 80 and put in my header. After i did this. I right clicked on the website name, selected browse and it came up in the browser. If i remove the line without the header then it wont display. Dont know if this is the correct way to do it or if this will work once i put the server online but at this stage its the best i have come up with so far. A friend of mine is also helping me out so if i get any more information i will post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back