Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page Breaks in Cross Tab

Status
Not open for further replies.

nscheu

Technical User
Sep 10, 2001
US
Hello,

I am using a cross-tab in CR8 and have an issue with the printing multiple pages of data.

The data to populate the cross-tab that I have comes from a stored procedure in SQL Server. When the alot of data comes through and the report is printed the first page prints fine, displaying my page header and page footer, however on the second page and every page thereafter, the page header and page footer are not printed. It is almost as if the CR displays the report as one very long piece of paper. I understand that the cross-tab is in the report footer and this is probably why the report is displayed this way.

Is there anyway that I can put a vertical page break in, or move the cross-tab to somewhere other then the report footer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Let me know if more clarification is needed.

Thanks,

Nick

Create a formula which results in "" to use as a group, and place the crosstab in the footer.

Insert this group on the outside of other groups.

Select the Repeat Header on Each New Page and you should get a header for each page.

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

Hi synapsevampire,

I understand u had posted this reply almost a year back. I am having the same problem, however i am not sure how to get around it using the solution u provided..could u explain in more detail.

Thanks for ur help,
-nk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back