Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

page break not happening before report header

Status
Not open for further replies.

elviajero

MIS
Feb 8, 2001
US
This is a pretty basic question but I've had little success finding an answer in FAQs here or the books I have. I have a report header and I've set Force New Page before section in the hopes that I would have the header at the top of each new page. Unfortunately instead the header is printing nicely at the top of the first page but randomly at various places on the page throughout the rest of the report. It would be nice to have the header print at the top of each page no matter how many pages the report is.

Anyone have an idea what I'm doing or not doing?

HI:

Have you tried to move you data from the report header to another header such as the page header? If you don't know how to do this go to your menu bar select view and make sure that the pager header and footer is selected.

If you've already done this then take a look at the data behind the report. What are you basing the report on? Whatever the report is based on is why the header info is print on top of your random pages. Take a look at your sorting and grouping.

Does this help?

Rich

Thanks for your reply, I wasn't able to get back into this until this morning. It would appear the group by function is largely responsible for the pagination. I'm going to have to play around with it and see what I can learn. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back