Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page Break at Forcing pagination ending Subreport that should span

Status
Not open for further replies.

lameid

Programmer
Jan 31, 2001
US
I have a report that is a letter. It has both English and Spanish versions. This is accomplished by the English being in header sections grouped on the unique key for the data.

There are cases where Spanish is not needed. In code a Boolean is set and is used for control logic. Enter the problem...

Currently the Spanish begins in the Detail section. I have code sets the section visible to false if Spanish is supposed to be hidden. The problem lies in the group section above. I have a sub report that should be spanning pages it does not. The odd thing about the section is there is a page break control that is also conditionally hidden if Spanish is hidden. I ended up with this solution when hiding the detail section did not stop the force new page before section from firing.

The issue I am having is that when the sub report in this section is long enough to span pages, the page break is forcing the page to break and only show the first page worth of the sub report.

Thoughts?

Typing that out made inspiration strike...

I added another section just for the page break control. Absurd but effective. I am just glad I am not up against the section limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back