Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page after report, can I do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkan

Programmer
Feb 7, 2001
SE
Hi,

I have a report that prints out perfectly. I would like to have a new page with only information regarding the printed report. I want this to come as the last page. Can this be done?

Thanks!
Jonas

Use your report footer (or split your report footer into A and B) and then go into Format - Section and check New Page Before for this section. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Thanks for your fast replay.
It seem to work to get a new page but I am not sure how I can make a design that will look nice for the second page. Its only to be text and when I followed your advice I got the bottom part of the report on the second page.
I am sure I am missing somthing?

Thanks for your help.
Jonas

Is the "bottom part of the report" a page footer or report footer? Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
tek@kenhamady.com

Hi!
The last section where I have data is the Report footer but under this I have a page footer.
Thanks.
Jonas

Are you saying that you don't want the page footer to print on the second page? Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
tek@kenhamady.com

If you have data in your report footer this will be the last thing that prints on your report. Although you may think the page footer is 'under' the report footer you'll see when it prints out it isn't. Whatever is in the page footer will print out at the bottom of every page, whatever is in the report footer will print out once at the end of the report!

Hope I was right it what I think you are trying to do!
Good luck!
Transcend

Actually, the PAGE footer is the last thing that prints, because the bottom of every page, even the last page, has a page footer.

You have to suppress the page footer on the last page if you don't want it below the report footer.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
tek@kenhamady.com

Thanks for you help, it got me going :)
Good work!
star.gif

Jonas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor