Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page 2 of Grouping

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohmbru

Technical User
Jul 13, 2001
US
My report groups on a ClientID. Each client should get a detail list (1st page) and a second page that is static information, so page 3 would begin the second client, etc.

I've tried to do this by putting a page break in the Client Footer and building the 2nd page there. It seemed to be working out OK, but now I have a blank page in between the client detail page and the static page. It seemed to happen as I built the Client Footer. I checked the print preview as I added every 2 lines or so, and at one point (about 6.5") the blank page appeared for no apparent reason. I was simply adding text in label boxes with static information.

I have fussed with the Keep Together, Height, Can Grow, Can Shrink, and other properties but can't get rid of that blank page.

Is my approach wrong for what I'm attempting to do? Is there another way to get what I need?

Any push in the right direction is appreciated.

Brian

Here's what you've gotta do: in the design view of your report there is a header and footer section,(I'm sure you know this).Use your mouse and drag the section for the header down, you'll see a blue line which if your mouse is placed on it will change to an arrow.Drag the line to the left to your desired positioning and perform the same function in the page footer section,(the line in the footer section will be gray). You can then go to the edge of the page and resize the width which will remove the blank page. You may have to shuffle around some of your text boxes, etc.Let me know if this works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back