Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PADI/PADR Error On Netscreen 5 with PPPOE connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErikU19

IS-IT--Management
Feb 18, 2004
US
Hey Guys,

I'm have a pretty interesting problem here with my Netscreen 5 XP.

The existing network is using a linksys wireless router which connects to the DSL line with PPPoE no problem. When I put the Netscreen in place with the same credentials I recieve these errors.

The point-to-point over Ethernet (PPPoE) connection failed to establish a session: PADR timeout
The point-to-point over Ethernet (PPPoE) connection failed to establish a session: PADI timeout

per Netscreen support it says to increase the sessions timeout value. The only value I could find for the PPOE conneciton was the lcp-echo value. I set this to 10 but it did not help with connecting to the DSL service.

I swaped out the straight through cable thinking perhaps it needed a crossover...still, no luck.

I can plug the linksys back in and power cycle the dsl modem and all is well....

what are your thoughts? The netscreen is running version 5 OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back