Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Packaging images for my VB program 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jooky68

Programmer
Jul 10, 2002
US
I am writing a program that uses a lot of images. Does anyone know of a good way to package the images instead of just having them all in a folder. I got a program from someone that had them all in a *.frx file. I couldnt view them, but the program would display them. Does anyone have any clue about frx files, cause i am unfamiliar as to what they are. I opened the file in visual fox pro manager or something like that, but i couldnt find the images.

.frx, in this case, is a Visual Basic Binary Form File rather than a Foxpro report file

You can place them in a resource file.

Thanks and Good Luck!

zemp

Do you think you guys could help me a little further with this? Or tell me where I could possibly get some information on this? thanks for the response

Hey!

This is how it should be done:
First go to Add-ins/Add-in manager
Select VB6 Resource Editor and check "Loaded/Unloaded" & "Load on startup"
New icon should appear in a toolbar.
Click it.
Add icon(s) to resource file and save it.
To load icons from a resource file into image control, PictureBox ...
use function LoadResPicture(...)

Syntax

LoadResPicture(index, format)

Example:
Index of first icon in resource editor is 101; resource file must be saved on HD first
(you must have Image control on a form)
Private Sub Form_Load()
Image1.Picture = LoadResPicture(101, 1)
End Sub

Gregor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back