Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Packaging Access program and query design too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cctonto

Programmer
Jun 16, 2002
US
I posted this in Applications Deployment Forum also but thought someone here has seen this too.

I use Access XP and a need to package my application. The program includes queries that the user changes criteria using Query Design. I have included "Query Design" in a customized ToolBar. Upon Packaging and installation on a machine with no MS Access, the ToolBar is there and the icon for query design but the function is missing - I mean blank. Dropdown arrow produces empty box of choices.

I can display the results of a query using a command button but can't change the criteria. I've tried adding a command button like ... DoCmd.OpenQuery "qryrol", acViewDesign. This will normally produce the query design window, but not using runtime.

Am I missing something during the packaging process? The program install perfectly. Any thoughts?

Hi

ADAIK runtime is Access with all design functionality stripped out, so you cannot do what you are trying to do.

Change your design so user does not have to amend the query to change the criteria, either by using forms to accept query parameters and/or using the parameter option in your queries Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
UK

Thanks Ken.

At least I know where the problem is now. I feared this might result with your answer. Now, what an undertaking. There are in excess of 50 fields that the user needs to query on. Agreed, not all the fields will have criteria, but the possibility of several of ANY of the fields. These are appraisers and they have many fields with "greater than" and "less than", dates ranges, number of bathrooms, etc., etc. This form to gather query criteria would be something.

Is there a way to make this form using a wizard or perhaps a programatic shortcut?

By the way, in these troubled times of late, it's nice to hear from our good friends in the UK.

Ken,

Just a note to you... it wasn't that bad. Made the form and it worked fine. Thanks for the direction.

Steve
Tucson, AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back