Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Package won't install on Distribution Point, others will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2001
US
I created a new package, which contains only one program.
When I go to distribute the package the site shows 1 "targeted" but install stays at 0 and has stayed at 0 for 4 days now. If I go to update the package the source version will increment but it always remains, TARGET=1, installed=0.

I have 4 other packages I’ve made and have run when I go to update them the source version increments, the Target goes to 1 and Install goes to 0 as well. 10 seconds later install goes to 1. So I can update existing packages but cannot update or install others.

Any ideas? I have full admin rights.

Make sure that the SOURCE patch is correct. Also, check your SMS logs. You should see a problem in the SMS_Distribution_Manager components logs. This should detail your problem... Joseph L. Poandl
MCSE 2000

If your company is in need of experts to examine technical problems/solutions, please check out

Well, the source is correct.
In fact, If I add my EXE as a program under an existing package it works fine. It'll distribute and work just fine.

If a do a new package with a new program it won't dist.
Logs show this.

Working Package when I added a new PROGRAM to it
Message ID and then Desc.
2300 Begin Processing
2311 Successfully Created
2342 Starting to Distribute
2329 Copied Package
2330 Successfully Distributed
2301 Successfully Processed

New Package with Same PROGRAM
2300 Begin Processing
2311 Successfully Created
2301 Successfully Processed

No errors. It just skipped the start of the Dist, the copying, and success of the dist. Yet the whole thing still says it processed successfully when it didn't. It still shows it's targeted and not installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back