Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Package ePo Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

surprise

IS-IT--Management
Feb 10, 2003
KZ
How configure installation Package of ePo Agent with administration privileges to run on WindowsXP workstation under guest account?

It's the installation that needs Admin rights. Once installed, it will use a LocalSystem account for the services.

To install this w/ admin rights even if a guest account is logged in, customize the agent install from the ePO console. Right-click on the directory, then select "Customize Agent Package". Here you can "embed" an admin account to be used just for the installation. That account will not be used for any other function.

HTH, AVChap
... my $1 worth of advise, 2cents isn't enough due to inflation

AVChap

How could you customize the Agent Package with an embedded Admin account if you are planning on handling multiple domains with one ePolicy Server ?

Vic2001

You can always create MULTIPLE Agent installers, right? Just rename the agents to the correct domain then you should be fine. You can sort this out from a login script something like this:

if %DOMAIN%=Domain1 then AGENT_DOMAIN1.EXE
if %DOMAIN%=Domain2 then AGENT_DOMAIN2.EXE

You get the drift?

HTH, AVChap

thanks AVChap, i'll give it a try.

Just planning out a test of ePolicy in an Enterprise environment. Numerous small offices participate in workgroups only and don't run logon scripts. My first thought was to add a local admin account to all machines but the security group was concerned about the one user/password fits all scenario. Never thought about creating multiple Agents.

many thanks, Vic2001

I am have't domain, but I have same account with same password in all workstations.
All users exits in Novell Directory Services.
Can I make installation package with administration privileges to run on WindowsXP?

I am have't domain, but I have same account with same password in all workstations with administration privileges.
All users exits in Novell Directory Services.
Can I make installation package with  administration privileges to run on WindowsXP?

As long as that account has Local Administrator rights, you should be find embedding that into the agent installer.

HTH, AVChap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back