Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Package and Deployment problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

earnoldmi

Programmer
Sep 21, 2000
US
I developed a Visual Basic 4.0 application, which connects to data in an Access 97 database. I use mostly DAO for these connections. I was able to use the wizard to create a fully functional program to distribute. I then purchased the Upgrade to Visual Basic 6.0. I also added numerous changes including the use of a Data connection for reporting purposes with Data report feature which is part of VB6. I am now having problems with Package and Deployment tool. It was unsuccessful creating the setup. I get following errors:
Access violation occurred while copying file: MSJET35.dll
Access violation occurred while copying file:DAO350.dll
and DLSelfRegister - not found
Not completed successfully. Any ideas? Thank you.
[sig][/sig]

We determined that the Package and Deployment Tool included with VB would work reliably, but only with considerble precautions taken such as uninstalling and "hand cleaning" a previous version of an application before installing an upgrade.

We now use a package called Install Master from Wise Solutions. There are competitors. We now would not try to prepare application distributions without such a package.

John Kisner

John,
Can you explain what you mean by hand-cleaning?
Eve

By hand cleaning I mean searching through directories and the registry looking for things the uninstall didn't remove.

John Kisner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back