Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Package and Deploy Error 80004005

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsub

Programmer
Feb 2, 2006
US
Using the Package and Deployment Wizard, I get an error "Unexpected error number 80004005 has occurred: Automation Error Unspecified Error". I am using VB6.0 for 32-bit. Any ideas is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Have you performed a full project compile before using the wizard? Perhaps you have an undeclared variable.

In addition, have you created the exe before using the wizard? (Creating the exe does a full compile of the program unless you have groups, then a group compile is required).

Also, what version of windows are you using and does your VB6 environment have the latest service packs?

Thanks Bluejay07....
I've installed SP6. I tried compiling by File > Make .exe and got a "Compile Error: function not defined" on PECloseEngine. I have not made changes to the code and just wanted to see if it will compile before any changes. Here's the function in error:
Function RunCrystalReport(reportName As String, WindowTitle As String) As Integer
'********************************************************************************
'* open a window and display a report using the crystal report print engine
'********************************************************************************
Dim pathandfile As String
'open the crystal reports print engine
PECloseEngine
Handle& = PEOpenEngine

pathandfile = ApplicationPath + reportName
'
'MsgBox (pathandfile)
Jobnum% = PEOpenPrintJob(pathandfile)
Handle& = PEOutputToWindow(Jobnum%, WindowTitle, 0, 0, 520, 520, 0, 0)
Handle& = PEStartPrintJob(Jobnum%, True)
PEClosePrintJob (Jobnum%)

End Function

I've never used the print engine, I've always used the crystal reports viewer and the CRAXDDRT declarations.

Based on the error, your program doesn't know what to do with PECloseEngine (or where to find it).

I suggest verifying the project references to ensure that the print engine is recognized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back