Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Package & Deploy & Dependency Files 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendas

MIS
Apr 20, 2001
US
We are not sure if we are organizing the Package correctly for the ActiveX exe & dependency files included in the package because a couple of our ActiveX exe's can not run on the users P.C. although they run fine on our development machines.

We are creating a package that contains activeX Exes. The main project calls 1 activeX Exe which call the other 2 ActiveX exes.. Our ActiveX exe are on a server & we set them up so that we can alter them without having to re-run the setup for each user in order for them to get the modifications. All the ActiveX's will also use various Dll routines..

When the package is installed on a users PC the main project and the first ActiveX run, But when the user picks a button that calls the other ActiveX exe's they error out.
With this error.

Run-time error '429' ActiveX component can't create object.

We create Dependency files for each of the ActiveX exe's and included the Dependency files in the main project when we package it.. We do not include the EXE's from the two programs that are not called from the main project.

Wendas
I have not experienced this problem myself - but I have heard of it before. From my recollection the solution typically has been to use a third party package and deploy program.

Our programming group tried for hours on end to get an ActiveX EXE to install correctly using the package & deployment wizard. We ended up doing what papayac suggests.... use a 3rd party installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back