Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

P615-6C3 rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

johng75

IS-IT--Management
Jul 14, 2004
US
i have an older IBM that needs to be rebuilt, all existing HD's have been backed up, labeled and tagged with new drives... problem is i cant figure out how to setup or configure a new HMC server to interact with it, and i can configure the new HD's for a new array...

i guess my biggest issue is i cant setup the array, once that is setup ive already booted from the install disk for aix, but cant point towards a valid install place...

(SN: the origional HD's still boot up fine and the OS loads, but im looking for larger drives)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention
of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,
totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming

--"WOW-- What a Ride!"

A newer HMC does not support a Power 4 system, these need a serial hmc connection.

You should be able to boot AIX diagnostics, and setup the array from there. You will need either a serial console, or local keyboard mouse and graphic if it has a graphics card.

Tony ... aka chgwhat

When in doubt,,, Power out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back