Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

P5N-E SLI 4GB upgrade Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

astorre

Technical User
Jul 4, 2005
GB
I have just bought an extra 2GB of Geil DDR2 RAM to upgrade to 4gb, but I am unable to boot until Vista x64 Ulitmate with all 4 sticks, I can boot into windows using 3GB or 2GB RAM and also either stick in any combination.

Has anybody had any similar issues and found a way arount the problem?

Thanks

Sounds like all of the sticks are good, they just won't work together. Are they all the same make, speed, timings, etc? If so, have you tried setting them to slower timings?

Other than that, all I can say is that Asus boards seem to be rather picky about memory.

Yes the memory are all Geil DDR2 Ultra Low Latency 8MHz. I have noticed on various sites that this seem to be a common issues.

I think I have managed to get it working. I set the memory voltage to 2.0 and upped the timings to 5-5-5-15 dropped the MHz from 800 to 667 set it to unlinked. Once I did this it booted first time and been running fine so far.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back