Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Owner Name with Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zahir

Programmer
Sep 16, 1999
PK
I am using SQLSERVER 7.00 i am having a trouble that in every query i must give the Owner name with my Table name Other wise query cant excute and message return <br>
<br>
Invalid Object<br>
<br>
<br>
e.g.<br>
<br>
select * from [Owner].Employee<br>

Zahir,<br>
<br>
Are you logged in as 'sa' (system administrator). If you don't get the error when logged in as 'sa' then it is probably a permissions problem. Check the permissions for your current user and make sure you have SELECT rights on the table you are querying.<br>
<br>
Saying that the error you are getting seems a bit strange.<br>
<br>
Let me know how you get on.<br>
<br>
C

If the table (or any SQL Server object, like a stored procedure or view) was created by someone OTHER than the DBO (database owner), you have to specify the dbo name if it's someone other than the person logged on.<br>
<br>
For our production environment, we always create the objects as the SA, who is also the dbo. With that method, you can disregard the second qualifier and access the object directly.<br>
<br>
Regards...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back