Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

own branded online trading

Status
Not open for further replies.

derwent

Programmer
May 5, 2004
GB
I would like to add online payments onto my website. I have echcked out paypal, worldpay, secpay, securetrading etc but none allow me to keep the users on my website (or at least look that way)

I never buy from anywhere if I have to jump to a third party and I know many others who are still like that so would like the whole payment system to look as though it is being handled on my site, not jumping off somewhere.

I know 50 million users use paypal, but I don`t want it to work that way.

Does anyone know of any other systems, the value of the trading will only be about £60 if I`m lucky so low fees are a must.

thanks folks

Take a look at VeriSign.com. I'm not sure if they function in the UK (although I can't imagine why they wouldn't). They're pretty much the leading source of online transactions, at least here in the US.

Good luck with your site :)

*cLFlaVA
----------------------------
Lois: "Peter, you're drunk!"
Peter: "I'm not drunk, I'm just exhausted from stayin' up all night drinking!

It will cost you much more than that to setup your own SSL and merchant accounts, plus the cost of having a dedicated IP with your host.

When you use a payment processor such as WorldPay you can customise the pages in your account area to match your own, so visitors are not suddenly thrown into a different looking site and the only time they actually leave your site would be to input their card details as you can collect and pre-populate most details, then return them to your site after the transaction is complete.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
A website that proves the cobblers kids adage.
Nightclub counting systems

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

I would also like to keep the card details page fully branded. I don`t mind using iframes etc if that is the best way, but worldpay etc put their logo all over the page so even if I used an iframe it would look silly.

Personally I prefer to be taken to a payment companies site to pay for online goods. Being forwarded to Worldpay or Secpay for payment reassures me that the credit card details will be handled securely.

If it's a big, well established business (like Amazon) then I have no problem. But buying from small online businesses who have there own merchant accounts and payment systems allways gives me the willies.

Get yourself a Nochex account - receive money at just 2.6% + 20 pence per transaction.

Just looked at Nochex, sounds good.

Their website is a little vague though I just kept going round in circles. Can you keep own branding throughout the process and do people need to register with nochex to make a payment (another downside about paypal)

nochex is the same kind of thing as paypal.

Just as a FYI,

One site that I was looking after had PayPal, Nochex, and Fastpay as payment processors initially, less than 10% of buyers used anything other than PayPal. Adding a merchant acount through WorldPay actually increased sales by 25% and reduced PayPal transactions by close to 40% in a couple of months. Visitor traffic was about the same and enquiries stayed the same.
Make what you will of it!

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
A website that proves the cobblers kids adage.
Nightclub counting systems

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

worldpay seems a little expensive though

Setup £100
Annually £160
Per trans 4.5% cc, 50p debit card

Just been browsing at the nochex forums, looks like it is run by a group of numpties. They slated one prospective customer for asking a question, then went on to take over the thread joking amongst themselves about how stupid users are!

ok, I know it's a little late to post this, seeing as the last post was Oct 26, 2004 but I thought I'd add my suggestion. The service is called ikobo URL: It's good for processing small amounts of money, like you need to and their fees are 2.99% + 0.29$ per transaction, no signup fee or anything else. I've been using it for more than an year now, so I'm speaking from personal experience here. I hope I helped...

I recently found out about 2co and ikobo. I don't know much about them since I recently started gathering information regarding this industry but many people say they are good for small businesses. I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back