Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

owl.lib

Status
Not open for further replies.

silius

Programmer
May 8, 2000
US
has anyone ever heard of a library called owl.lib,i need it for a program but i can't seem to find it?<br><br>if someone could send it to me i would appreciate it<br><br>email:<A HREF="mailto:kevblood31@yahoo.com">kevblood31@yahoo.com</A>

silius,<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;If I remember right, the <i>owl</i> files were Borland's attempt to make writing Window programs easier. Maybe someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe these were ported to Win32 but were for Windows 3.1. In order words, these were 16 bit programs that used <i>owl</i>. I think OWL stood for Object Windowing Library. Some of the concepts used in OWL were used in VCL.<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Where to find them is a difficult question. I don't think they gained widespread acceptace. You may see if they are in the &quot;Anitque Software&quot; site at Inprise. If they are not there, then Borland/Inprise may still own the copyrights to them.<br><br> <p>James P. Cottingham<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= Veneer Co., Inc.</a><br>All opinions are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back