Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWB: loading to a new Oracle user!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loukas

Technical User
Sep 30, 2002
GR
Hello OWB experts,
Here is the situation: I am loading (successfully) ASCII files from a UNIX server onto Oracle 8i database. Also loading dimensions and facts successfully.
I have set up OWB reposirory and Runtime repository in Oracle 8i as "Owbdev" and "Owbrun" oracle users respectively.

Is it possible to load the same ASCII files onto a new Oracle user "MYUSER" which is not a runtime repository through the existing "OWBRUN" runtime repository ? The problem is that "MYUSER" already exists and is the production environment so I would not like to make modifications in this environment.

I have changed all the settings in configuration of (module, table, mapping, etc).
I successfully generated the tables at "MYUSER" but I cannot load ASCII data through mappings at "MYUSER".

Is it possible? Do you know which settings / configuration I should modify?

Thank you.

In the Mapping Configuration. go to the Runtime parameters and select "None" for Default Audit level. I think it should work then, because if the auditing is on then it requires run tiem tables to populate statistics of run. Try that and let me know, if works.

Good luck

Manish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back