Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWB - Flat file to Oracle table -unable to deploy mapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravivarma

Technical User
Dec 3, 2002
IN
OS- Microsoft windows 2000 5.00.2195 Service Pack 2
OWB client---9.0.3.33.0
OWB Repository--9.0.3.0.1
Database--oracle 9i Enterprise Edition 9.0.1.3.1 with the partioning option Jserver Release9.0.1.3.0
OEM--9.0.1.0.0

I have created mapping between the source(flat file)and target(oracle)using Oracle Warehouse Builder. Mapping was validated, configured and it successfully generated without errors. The ‘Deploy’ button and the ‘Run’ button are disabled. How can I run/deploy this mapping ?

The above OWB copy was downloaded from the Oracle corp website. Is this version an evaluation copy? Alternatively Is this a beta copy ?

Please help

When you generate a flat-file mapping, there should be 2 things to generate. The sqlldr control file and the OEM job. Neither of those is "Deploy"ed to the database or "Run". Highlight the sqlldr control file and "Save File". Highlight the oem job and "Save File" and then "OEM register" and that is all you need to do.

Thank you for your response.
i have validated and generated mapping using Oracle Warehouse Builder.It generates SQL loader file.i have registered the TCL script with OEM.Then i submited the job through OEM.It is submiting But not loading into target database.
Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back