Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA2003 can't list all entries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaccaz

MIS
Aug 10, 2005
HK
Hi there,

I got some 100+ internal email address & groups in exch2003 system. In OWA2003, after launched address book, at "display name" field I press a space & click "find" button, it will list all entries from A to Z. However found that some of the users are not listed. However if I do an explicit search by using the user's firstname or lastname, the entry can be found.

Wondering what's wrong with owa2003 address book & how to force update it and make sure it will list every entries from A to Z?

Or what is the correct way to list all addr book entries in owa2003?

Many thanks!

First thing; OWA 2003 is not designed to list Global addresses through web-access (basically you are tweaking the system by typing a space and search which will work). If your user's exchange advance propreties are set to hide user in the global address they will not show up under the search results unless you type name or last name to find them.

Second thing; just wait about a month and SP-2 for exchange will be released that adds the feature that you will be able to search global email addresses within web-access. You can create address groups within Exchange system manager under default address-groups and manipulate lists of email for users.

I hope it helps,
Sam.

Just a heads up: go to user advance exchange properties and uncheck (hide users from address) checkbox.

Cheers,
Sam.

sorry that I didn't explain that for those users can't list in owa2003 addrbook, they can be found in outlook2003 client's addrbook

so those users had no problem with "hide users from addrbook" checkbox at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back