Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA won't log in

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryatkins

IS-IT--Management
Oct 24, 2001
US
I'm running OWA w/IIS4 on a separate machine from Exchange 5.5 (both NT 4 server) and I can't log into any of the mailboxs. LoginFrm.asp just times out.

I have been playing with the permissions on the exchange server and on the IIS4 server, but I'm not sure I have them correct to be able to connect with the exchange server.

Also, what is the correct OWA registry entry (on the IIS4 server) for the Exchange server, should it be 'MAIL' or '\\MAIL'?

Thanks,
Ryan

Check out it has a wealth of knowledge on setting up OWA for exchange 5.5

Put all the permissions back on the Exchange server. Is exchange running on a domain controller or a member server? If it is a member server, you have to login to OWA like this:

domain name/username
password

Hope this helps.
Ashley

OWA talks to the Exchange server via the Exchange admin acct. I don't remember having to doa registry hack to make ours work.

The settings for IIS are all default except for the Security settings. You want to check anyonmous access and basic auth. under directory security.

On the website, log on using - domain name\username.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back