Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

owa with Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupper

Technical User
Jul 31, 2002
US
Running OWA 5.5 on Win2K server. Works fine using Windows 2000. When I attempt to access using a Windows XP machine, it will not connect to a mail box. I am able to input my email alias and the next screen prompts me for username and password. I've tried <username> and password. I've tried <domain>/<username> and password. I've tried <email address> and password. Nothing works. I also lowered the security setting on IE to the lowest setting. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
Cupper

I typed domain.com\username and then password and got in to my Exchange Server. I just tried it from home with XP Pro for the first time. I notice you don't get the username, password, and domain.

Only thing diferent that I see is the \ in what you typed above.

Dev

I have tried <domain.com>\<username> with no success. I typed the / the wrong way on my original question. Everything was tried with the \.

Look forward to other ideas.

Thanks for the input!
Cupper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back