Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA with Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 transition - Single Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluecrack

MIS
Apr 9, 2001
US
We are a small company with several domain controllers and a single Exchange 2003 SP2 server. We are starting to move to Exchange 2007 SP1 on a new Windows 2003 x64 server with the CAS, Hub, and Mailbox roles. Outlook Web Access for Exchange 2003 is available to most users over the internet at
Here's my question. How can I setup the new Exchange 2007 SP1 server to proxy OWA requests for both Exchange 2007 mailboxes and Exchange 2003 mailboxes? Right now, I have the Exchange 2007 server setup and if I login to I get redirected to either or I would like to have Exchange 2007 running on proxy all requests to avoid network changes.

Any ideas would be greatly welcomed.

New public IP pointing to new server specified in external URL of OWA config.

The 2007 cas role will connect back to the 2003 mailbox if required or the 2007 one on the exchange url

I think Zelandakh has it. There is no way to have my Exchange 2007 server proxy requests for both mailboxes located locally and mailboxes on the remote Exchange 2003 server. If the CAS role is installed separately on another system, it might work. Oh well, I was trying to avoid setting a new IP address, DNS name, firewall rule change, and buying a new SSL cert just to help out during the transition period.

FYI, scenario 5 in the document describes my environment:

Zelandank,

That's no fair, posting from the summit you have me at a handicap (I'm a PC and EMP Bon Jovi video (Karaoke veteran, but first time with a live band) nonwithstanding...)

I concur. You need to specify the URL in the OWA config.

XMSRE

Well I was sat next to you so it isn't as if you couldn't have done it too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back