Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA with 2 servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kulagun

MIS
Jul 9, 2002
US
Question

I have installed 2 exchange servers in 1 ad domain. How do I setup 1 central login for all the owa users. Right now I only have 1 server setup with owa and it works fine for the users that have a mailbox on that server.

Thanks again

you need to install a Front End Server (Enterprsie version only). This server can not hold any mailboxes or public folders. All the users will access this one Front End server which will redirect their request to their home server.

You could get people of Server B to use the url for server A but this would end up meaning the users enter in their username andp assword twice ... once for Server A, which will redirect to server B, which will as for a username and password again.

Kulagun,

I suppose you want to offer OWA to the outside users, via the internet (VPN,...) and therefore use 2 servers.

I fully support the above answer, however I'd like to stress the fact to put the Frontend server in a perimeter zone (DMZ) to make sure no connection is made directly to your inside network. (check config of your firewall...)

Also force your users to use SSL to logon to the OWA-server.

In this way, your server setup is secure...

You could checkout for some really good articles on exchange and OWA configs.

Regards,

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back