Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

owa, win2003, and exchange 5.5 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lapaglcy

IS-IT--Management
Aug 11, 2003
US
ok here is what I want to do:
I have a 2003 server in seperate domain with a 2 way trust to my nt 4.0 domain. The nt 4.0 domain has an exchange 5.5 server running.

What I want to do is instal IIS on the 2003 server and owa on it as well. Then have it connect to the exchange server in the nt 4.0 domain to allow outlook web access.

What I need to know is can this be done first of all and does anyone have some simple steps to accomplish this.

Thanks

The OWA for exchange 5.5 must be installed on a computer that belongs to the same domain as the exchange 5.5 server. It's the first thing the installation CD will tell you if you try to install it cross domain.

You would be better having the 2003 as a PDC emulator for your domain and the old NT4 PDC as a BDC, this would have them both in the same domain.

Get another NT 4 server up first before you start, even if it's just as a BDC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back