Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA unable to be seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

staboogie

MIS
Apr 29, 2003
US
Hello all. I have a problem with exchange 2003 OWA. My users are unable to log into OWA by using the
The only way we're able to log in is using the internal ip address. This let me to think that this was a DNS issue, but when I ping the address, it comes up with the correct ip. The ping does give one "General failure".

I have ISA 2004 and the 443 port is open, any idea?

A consultant let me know that they attempted to create a dns record pointing to another machine, this could have possibly done something. Thanks in advance for any help.

A consultant let me know that they attempted to create a dns record pointing to another machine, this could have possibly done something.

Well I think you should certainly check your DNS.

If you are able to login with the internal IP address then that means you are testing inside the company. This means you need to play with the internal DNS not the external DNS.

Surely internal DNS should be working correctly for Exchange so that users can use Outlook.

Hi,

In order to find out if this is a name resolution issue, try to access to OWA by using your Public IP :

or

if you installed a certificate

also, open port 443 and 80 as well ....to see if it's not a Firewall ... OWA relies on IIS

If you can Reach your OWA server by going by IP adress, then you probably need to create a cname through your ISP or Internet Register ...

Let us know how you get on with this ....

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back