Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA Title Bar 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBragg

MIS
Sep 29, 2003
US
Hopefully an easy question. I want to change the title bar for OWA from Microsoft Outlook Web Access but I can't figure out which htm file to modify. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi ...just open it through a frame....
place this file named default.htm in Interpub/
*********file starts here*************
<title>My SERVER NAME</title>
</head>

<frameset rows=&quot;0,*&quot; framespacing=&quot;0&quot; border=&quot;0&quot; frameborder=&quot;0&quot;>
<frame name=&quot;header&quot; scrolling=&quot;no&quot; noresize target=&quot;main&quot; src=&quot;TOP.htm&quot;>
<frame name=&quot;main&quot; src=&quot; target=&quot;_self&quot; scrolling=&quot;auto&quot;>
<noframes>
<body>

<p>This page uses frames, but your browser doesn't support them.</p>

</body>
</noframes>
</frameset>
***********file ends here***************

Hi

Why not just edit the logon.asp file located in ..\exchsrvr\exchweb\bin\auth\'default language'\logon.asp

Edit the text on line 4 in &quot;&quot;

For example mine looks like this

<% @ ENABLESESSIONSTATE=False LANGUAGE=VBSCRIPT CODEPAGE=1252 %>
<% CONST L_LoginButton_Text = &quot;Connect&quot;
CONST L_WindowTitle_Text = &quot;Microsoft Outlook Web Access for Affy Net Limited&quot;
CONST L_ImgAlt_Text = &quot;Microsoft Office Outlook Web Access provided by Microsoft Exchange Server 2003&quot;
CONST L_ShowUITitle_Text = &quot;Client&quot;

This method is far better than placing the page in a frame as not all browsers like or support frames

Hope this helps

Dave

The first suggestion worked like a charm but I wanted to try the second also. When I changed those lines in \Program Files\Exchsrvr\exchweb\bin\auth\usa\logon.asp it didn't change the title bar. Any ideas why?

USA is the default language, I verified it in the owalogon.asp file. The logon.asp file I changed was in the USA directory.

I changed both lines to be sure. Still no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back