Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA suddenly unavailable for one user only - 500 Internal server error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

desperadoh

Technical User
Feb 11, 2004
AE
Hi,

I use OWA in Exchange 2000 over SSL, and everything works perfectly.
Except for ONE user - this user ALWAYS gets a "500 - internal server error", "Page cannot be displayed" when he tries to login.( -2146893052 (0x80090304))
All other users have no problem. This user have never had problems until one week ago, and I have changed absolutely NOTHING on the server.
I have checked all permissions etc, exactly the same as other users.
I have tried all the tricks explained in this forum - still the same.
It might be in the authentication, because a wrong password will just make the login box reappear, whereas the correct password generates the error page (!)
Or is it somewhere in the IIS?

Desperadoh.

Hi,

problem solved - I just don't know how!
I changed the setting in the user account from "Log on to all computers" to "Log on to the following computers", listed the computers, reboot.
Still the same problem.
Then I changed the setting BACK to "Log on to all computers" - and the problem was solved, now ALL users were able to use OWA without any problems at all.
Hmmmmmmm.....
Desperadoh.

Yay, this helped me. The problem was 'logon to' was only set to the mailservers for my user. Changed it to 'all computers' and it's fine. This worked when we had Exchange 5.5 OWA, so maybe there's some kinda authentication pass-thru that requires access to a DC or GCS?

anyway, good find desperadoh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back