Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA Setup Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BADSBRD

IS-IT--Management
Dec 26, 2003
US
When setting up a front end server for OWA do I need an additional Exchange 2003 license, since I would not be creating a new information store?

Any good places to look for tips on setting this up? I've setup OWA in Exchange 5.5, but 2003 is a whole different animal and I want to make sure and cover all the bases.

Thanks,

Rick

I am looking for OWA advice too...trying to find out system requirements. Does anyone know them?

Rick - from what I have been told you do need a license because you have to install the full version of Exchange

I run OWA published by ISA server 2004. The ISA server acutally acts as a proxy (front end) server to the exchange server. I have had great success with this config. I think it is cheaper then two exchange licenses too. My exchange box is just dell 2850 with dual 2.8 and 2 GB ram and I have no problem, only host 50 users though and about 16GB of email.

You need a license for the installation of Exchange on the FE server.

Pat Richard, MCSE(2) MCSA:Messaging, CNA(2)

I have a Dell PE 2650, 4GB Ram and 18GB hard drive....I think this should be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back