Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA Recommendations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jm565

MIS
Jan 17, 2002
US
Hello Again,

Would anyone out there care to elaborate on the benefit of having OWA on a seperate server from the Exchange server?

Is this the recommended setup environ?

Also, are there any major problems associated with OWA 2000 or is it as good or better than its predecessors?

Can anyone suggest some required reading, for installation and setup.

Thanks In Advance.

J.

OWA 2000 is awesome!

OWA installs on all servers.

You can setup a Front-End (Exchange Enterprise) and it basically proxies to the Back-End. This is only used in big OWA usage enviroments and DMZ type scenarios.

SP2 added even more features. I use it from home and love it. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Thanks for the response Dan,

So you're saying as part of the OWA installation it gets loaded on all servers by default or that's a setup choice and you can put it on any server?

It automatically installs on all exchange installations by default. I believe it can only be installed on a machine running exchange.

Can anyone confirm this "it can only be installed on a machine running exchange. "?

Yes, OWA is part of the Exchange package and is installed by default. To my knowledge there is no way to install it without installing Exchange. AJ
SA
HS

Yes that is true... Must have Exchange.

You can do a front-end though which doesn't have databases. Must have Enterprise though. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back