Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA Public folder Calendar problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 14, 1998
US
I'm using OWA with Exchange 5.5. I have created a public folder with a calendar format for my marketing committee. The calendar looks fine when I am using Outlook 2000 in the office, but whenever I access it using OWA, the public calendar shows all of the appointments in my mailbox calendar.

Does anyone know why this happens? Is there a way for OWA to display only appointments or meetings specifically set in this folder?

Public folder calendars are not available via OWA. Here's a Microsoft article about it.

XWEB: Cannot Open a Contact or Calendar Public Folder in OWA

------------------------------------------------------------
The information in this article applies to:

Microsoft Outlook Web Access, version 5.5
Microsoft Outlook Web Access, version 5.5 Service Pack 1
Microsoft Exchange Server, versions 5.5 SP2, 5.5 SP3

------------------------------------------------------------

SUMMARY
When you try to access a Public Folder that contains Contacts or Calendar items from the Outlook Web Access client, you are redirected to your own personal Contacts or Calendar folder. The Outlook Web Access client does not currently support accessing a Public Folder containing Contacts or Calendar data.

MORE INFORMATION
If you need to access Contacts or Calendar items contained in a Public Folder, you must use the Outlook client to open and create these items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back