Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgrinberg

MIS
Feb 4, 2004
US
Ok, I just set up another exchange 5.5 server on 2000 machine. I also set up IIS and OWA on this same machine. Everything works great, I can log on and get into the mailbox. About once a day, OWA just dies. I can get into exchange page, but when I put in user/pass, it just times out. The only thing I can find in EventLog is this warning:

"Warning: IIS log failed to write entry, Unexpected error. A trappable error (C0000005) occurred in an external object. The script cannot continue running.. "

When I try to restart the World Wide Publishing Service, it just hangs and does not restart. I have to restart the whole machine and everything comes back to live ok. Can someone help as this is driving me nuts. Also, computer is completely patched up with all the latest service packs.

Have you recently deployed MS Office Outlook 2003 in your organization?

It seems that if a user logs in to his mailbox with Outlook 2003 and subsequently logs in to OWA 5.5 freezes up FOR EVERYONE in the manner that you describe.

It had been happening to us and we have been banging our heads against the wall to get to the bottom of it.

Here is the (little publicized) hotfix, we used it, so far so good.

We have deployed on NT/Exchange 5.5-SP4 and 2000/Exchange 5.5S-P4 OWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back