Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulkmail

MIS
Jun 11, 2002
US
I just installed Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2000 server.
For some reason I am unable to bring up OWA for any users. I installed certs also. so when i try to access or localstart.asp the page finds the server but i get no log on prompt. I did get it once and logged in but eventually it resolved to page could not be found after 10 minutes.

The W2K server is the root DC and the Exchange server. Is it because i have it on a W2k server and not 2003?

Thanks,

BM

Actually, is my config supported? W2k Server with Exch 2003 and want OWA.

You can run Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2000 Server, so that is not the problem.
Exchange 2000 is not supported on Windows 2003.

Chekc the Event logs for entries.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]
How Do I Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions? See faq219-2884

From what i can tell, OWA on 2003 is supposed to be cut-and-dry. But for some reason it will not resolve user names. Nothing in event viewer either.

Thanks,

BM

i dont know whether this might be helpful or not but u can check the configuration of ur HTTP virtual server ..check is running and there is no problem with ur http virtual server

Yeah, I checked that and everything seems okay. I just reinstalled IIS and Exchange since it was a new install and it works again.

Thanks for your help.

BM

Exchange 2003 is supported on Windows 2000 SP3 or later. After the install of Exchange, you need to set permissions on the /Exchange virtual directory. You need to remove anonymous and integrated, then set basic and fill in the domain name for the default domain. If you want the speel chucker to work, you must also drill down to exweb/bin/spell and set the same permissions there. If you mistakenly set the permissions on the defualt web site, and push them down, you get the issue you just had. A reinstall sets everything back to square one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back