Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

spena77

MIS
Oct 22, 2003
US
Hi Every one!

Here is my situation, I have setup an exchange 2003 server with SP2 running on a Windows 2000 server. The flow of incoming e-mails and outgoing e-mails from my network to the Internet and viceversa is working fine. I can access OWA from inside my network by typing in my web browser I have opened the following TCP ports at my firewall to allow traffic: ports 80 and 25. The problem that I am facing is that I can not access OWA from outside my network but I can do it from the inside. I thought that the problem was created by my Firewall probably not forwarding correctly thru port 80 but I had contacted the manufacturer and every thing seems to be fine. What else could you think might be the problem here? Thank you in advance!!!

Are you attempting via IP address or domain name? I'd use SSL with port 443 instead of http via 80.

Pat Richard, MCSE(2) MCSA:Messaging, CNA(2)

Hi!

Thanks for the reply. I have tried accessing OWA from the outside using the IP address and I had the same results. Ports 80 and 443 are opened in my Firewall.

Thanks!

I still think that's a forwarding problem. Opening a port and forwarding a port are different. Without seeing your router/firewall, it's hard to say where you would find the info.

Pat Richard, MCSE(2) MCSA:Messaging, CNA(2)

Hi!

I do agree with you in the subject but I have triple checked the fact that the policies have been correctly set for the firewall to foward any HTTP and HTTPS sections to my internal exchange server. The firewall Manufacture has even mentioned to send me a new one cause we can not find any problems with it.

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back