Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

owa not working for migrated groupwise accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehartle

IS-IT--Management
May 30, 2001
US
Just migrated from Groupwise to Ex2K. I used the Migration Wizard in Exchange to migrate the GW accounts onto the Exchange server. It worked OK. Mail is flowing fine using Outlook clients attached to LAN. Problem is when I try to log in to OWA from outside, I get the login prompt repeatedly until I get the Authorization denied message. Now, if I create a new user in Active Directory, it works fine. I've checked all the standard permissions (this ex2k server is a DC) like log on locally and access from network and it is all correct. The firewall is configured correctly as well. I have tried disabling http protocol for selected users and then re-enabling but that didn't help either. It seems that the accounts did not get created exactly the way that a pure AD account gets created or something...

any tips greatly appreciated
Earle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back